Last Revised July 15, 2021
Global Value Commerce, Inc. ("herein referred to as either "Global Value Commerce," "We," or "Us") is a North American e-commerce and strategic solutions company. Headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., we own and operate websites for new and preowned golf equipment and other gear including our flagship site, GlobalGolf.com and companion sites GlobaGolf.ca, 3balls.com and FairwayStyles.com (the GVC Sites). Your privacy is very important to Global Value Commerce and we are committed to respecting your privacy on all of the GVC Sites, including this site (3balls.com).
1. Use of Information
The information we collect may also include information you submit about others, including the name, e-mail address or physical address of a gift recipient. We only use information you submit about other people to deliver information, products, or services specifically requested by you or to cooperate with law enforcement officials in the investigation of alleged unlawful activities of our customers.
2. Information That Is Personally Identifiable
We collect information in three primary ways:
- You give us information: We collect information from you when you create an account with us, sign up to receive marketing communications, purchase a product from us, or when you interact with us about a product, service, or promotion we offer.
Our registration format requests certain contact information from our Users. We collect information that is personally identifiable through the registration and purchasing process when processing your order. When a User completes an order, the format will require personally identifiable information for each User, including:
- Contact information (including name, home address, email address)
- Unique identifiers ( including credit card numbers)
- Demographic information (including zip code, telephone area code, age, birth date, gender, income level, etc.)
The information we have obtained through this process may be used by 3balls.com, as well as by providers of related services, in connection with processing your order. We also use contact information from the registration format to send the User information about us and when otherwise necessary. Such information may also be used to assess your satisfaction with and to obtain feedback regarding the Service we provide and to tailor the visitor's experience while visiting our Web site.
We may use the contact information we collect to provide, by means other than email, information or offers which we believe will be of value to Users and we may share contact information with other companies that may want to provide our Users, by means other than email, information regarding additional products and services. We may also use the contact information to send our Users information or offers by email which we believe will be of value to them and we may share email contact information with other companies that may want to provide our Users information regarding additional products and services. Such contact information may be shared based upon the demographic information we collect. Users may opt-out of receiving future communications at any time; see the section below regarding "Opt-out".
In addition to any personal information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third-party service providers (including content and analytics providers and advertising companies) may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with 3balls.com or one of our advertisements or other content elsewhere online (collectively referred to as "Usage Information"). Usage Information may include the browser, search terms you use; the URL that referred you 3balls.com; all of the areas within 3balls.com that you visit, the time of the visit, the links you select from 3balls.com to elsewhere online, among other information about your visit.
Our systems may also automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier of your computer, cell phone, or other device used to access 3balls.com (collectively referred to as a "Device Identifier").
Usage Information and Device Identifiers may be non-identifying or may be associated with you and therefore identifiable. Whenever we associate Usage Information or a Device Identifier with you, as an individual and identifiable person, we treat it as personal information.
Note that your browser settings may allow you to transmit a "Do Not Track" signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. Like many websites and online services, 3balls.com does not respond to a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
3. Aggregate Information
Your use of the Services provided by 3balls.com constitutes your consent to the use of such data on an aggregated basis.
4. Policy on Children's Use of the Site
This Site is, generally, directed at persons over the age of 13 who purchase items with credit cards and we do not knowingly collect personal information from or about children under the age of 13 except as relating to a specific order for products or services. If we, at any time, learn that information relating to a child under the age of 13 that we have obtained is other than as set forth above, we shall immediately purge such information from our records.
5. Cookies and Web Beacons
Like most other Web sites, 3balls.com’s servers may automatically track certain information about activity on our Web site. This information allows us to keep our Web site running efficiently. This information may include: the browser being used (such as Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.); your operating system (such as Macintosh, Windows, etc.); your IP address; and the referring URL and all company URLs you visit. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site, but your IP address is not connected to information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies: In addition, 3balls.com may use "cookies" on certain pages of our Web site to automatically collect information from a visitor to our Web site and transfer this information to the visitor's hard drive. Cookies help us recognize repeat visitors, allowing communication of a personalized welcome message and tailoring of content to match particular interests.
Web Beacons: 3balls.com and certain emails sent to consumers who have not disabled their browsers for web beacons and cookies contain electronic images (called "pixels", "transparent GIF files", or "web beacons") that allow us and our advertising partners to view and access cookies. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed or that an email has been forwarded. In some cases, these files are provided by our online management partner. These files enable our online management partner to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to 3balls.com. The cookie was placed by us or by another advertiser that works with us. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted newsletters and other emails containing graphics that we send, so we may count the number of newsletters and emails that have been opened and read.
6. Unsolicited Email and Text Messages
Text Message Programs: You may elect to receive text messages from us. When you sign up to receive text messages, we will send you information about promotional offers and more. These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our sites and may prompt messaging such as cart abandon messages. To the extent you voluntarily opt to have Text notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. You may opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting “STOP” to our text messages. If you elect to receive marketing text messages from us, either via our website or by sending a text message indicating your consent, you are providing your prior express written consent to receive recurring marketing or promotional text messages from us sent through an automatic telephone dialing system. These may include cart abandon messages. Message frequency varies. This service is optional and is not a condition for purchase.
You can opt out of receiving any further text messages from us at any time by replying “STOP” to any text message you receive from us. For help, reply “HELP” to any Text Message you receive from us or email email@example.com. In addition to any fee of which you are notified, your mobile provider’s message and data rates may apply to our confirmation text message and all subsequent text message correspondence according to your individual rate plan provided by your wireless carrier. Please consult your mobile service carrier’s pricing plan to determine the charges for browsing data and sending and receiving text messages. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates be responsible for any text messaging or wireless charges incurred by you or by a person that has access to your wireless device or telephone number. If your carrier does not permit text messages, you may not receive the text messages. Neither we nor the wireless carriers will be liable for any delays in the receipt of, or failure to deliver, any text messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
7. Other Use
8. Disclosure for Legal Purposes
Given the government's current interest in Internet regulation, you hereby authorize us to disclose information pursuant to judicial and administrative proceedings, and in connection with law enforcement activities and as otherwise may be permitted by law, to law enforcement or government agencies if we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate. You also authorize us to disclose information if we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate in the event of an investigation of improper or illegal conduct in connection with our Web site, such as fraud, misrepresentation, intellectual-property infringement, or other activity that may put us at risk for liability. We will, whenever we believe reasonably possible, use our reasonable efforts to inform a User whose information may be so revealed.
9. Other Parties and Your Information
This policy only relates to our collection and use of your information, except as otherwise provided. We may share your information (including Personal Information), where consistent with this Policy and applicable laws, with third party businesses and service providers that assist with our business operations, such as shipping vendors, billing or other payment vendors, payment card processors, IT services, customer service, email and text delivery services, marketing and research vendors and various companies that work with us to improve or provide our products and services and our data integrity including advertising networks and data analytics providers. While we are not involved in the day-to-day operations of such businesses and providers, our agreements generally obligate them to use reasonable methods to keep any Personal Information safe and secure, and not use such Personal Information for purposes other than providing their applicable services. However, even if a third party business or service provider is performing business operations on our behalf, if you have an independent relationship with such third party business or service provider,
3balls.com employs standard industry measures to protect and ensure the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, including the use of firewalls and SSL encryption. We also do not undertake to maintain information about you for a duration greater than as provided by law, rule or regulation.
3balls.com engages in other security measures, as follows:
- Physical security of the systems against theft and damage
- Software integrity to ensure that only authorized personnel can implement or modify software
- Disaster recovery planning processes and systems
- Data integrity to check the validity of certain data
- Data security administration procedures to ensure proper monitoring and auditing
We believe we employ security measures that adequately address the security needs of our 3balls.com customers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network is 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
11. Your Rights and Choices About the Information We Collect
It is important that you are able to control your personal information. We are committed to providing you with control over your personal information. To the extent required by applicable law, you have the right to request a copy of your personal information that we maintain in our systems and databases and, where appropriate, request that we update, correct, or delete your personal information, or that we no longer contact you.
Please be aware that it is not always possible to completely delete, erase, or comply with your request with respect to all of your personal information without some residual data backups in our systems and databases, because we still need to process your personal information for the purpose the data was collected, or we need your information to comply with legal obligations, perform contracts, resolve disputes, and for other legitimate reasons.
We are also unable to delete your transactional data related to your purchases and returns because we need to keep these records as long as required by applicable law.
If we are precluded from honoring your request to delete your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons for the rejection. We will process all such requests within 30 days of receipt or within such other time as specified by applicable law. Please submit your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure so that we do not disclose personal information to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. Occasionally, it may take us longer than 30 days to process your request, for example, if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Your personal information may be retained by us for as long as the purposes for which the personal information was collected continue and require it, or if the retention is necessary for our legal or business purposes. For example, we may need to retain your personal information if we need to defend a legal claim or in case of a dispute. In addition, we retain the right to keep non-identifiable information for research and development purposes to improve our products and user experience. Should you have opted-in to 3balls.com marketing, we will retain your personal information for marketing purposes until you notify us (by opting out) that you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from us.
You can review and modify (or remove) the information you provide us in the order or registration process if this information changes. The information that you may change (or remove) includes any information provided on our order or registration format. To make any of these changes, you may log on to this site and make the changes directly after you have received an identification and password for the transaction or for the individual order.
After either completing your first purchase at 3balls.com or otherwise using our registration module, your registration on our Web site will be confirmed by an email correspondence to your email address. If you do not object to such email within three days, it will constitute your consent to receive email notices and other email communications from 3balls.com and its advertisers and promotional affiliates. In the event you no longer wish to receive such email notices or other email communications from us, you may opt-out by removing yourself through our opt-out procedures. You may also contact us at Questions@3balls.com if you no longer wish to be enrolled as a User.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This California Privacy Notice sets forth the disclosures and rights for California consumers regarding their personal information, as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"). Terms used in this California Privacy Notice have the same meanings given in the CCPA and the regulations of the Attorney General implementing the CCPA, unless otherwise defined.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
3balls, Inc. collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("Personal Information").
The following are the categories of Personal Information that we have collected from our users over the last 12 months (and examples of the types of information those include), the categories of sources from which that information was collected, the business or commercial purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and the categories of third parties with whom we disclose the information for a business purpose.
The Personal Information we collect about you will depend upon how you use our Sites or otherwise interact with us. Accordingly, we may not collect all of the below information about you. We may also collect and/or use additional types of information after providing notice to you before collection and obtaining your consent (to the extent such notice and consent is required by the CCPA).
Types of Personal Information Collected:
- Physical Address
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
- IP Address
- Date of Birth
- Personal identification details
- Golf scores, handicap and other golf-related information
- Photographs and video
- Preferred communication methods
- Payment and other transaction information
- Interactions with Customer Service
- Information received from cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies
- Any other type of information that you choose to provide to us
Sources from Which this Information was Collected:
- Direct from consumer
- Cookies and tracking technologies;
- Third party service providers
- Third party business partners
Business or Commercial Purposes for Collecting this Information:
- Site and service usage
- Communication of marketing and advertising messages
- Customer order processing, fulfillment and management
- Operation and protection of our sites
Third Parties With Whom We May Disclose this Information:
- Service providers, including marketing partners and analytics companies
- Business partners
- Other third parties as may be required by law
EXERCISING YOUR CALIFORNIA ACCESS, DELETION AND DO NOT SELL RIGHTS
California residents have the right to request that we disclose to you what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, including the right to request that we provide to you the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you in the prior 12 months ("Right to Know") and you have the right to ask us to delete the Personal Information we collect about you ("Right to Delete"), subject to exceptions set forth in CCPA. Please note that you may delete certain Personal Information you have provided to us through your online account.
California residents also have the right to opt-out from the sale of their Personal Information. These rights are subject to some limitations, such as when we are retaining data to comply with our own legal obligations. You will not be required to create an account with us in order to submit a request.
Should you have a disability, you have the right to request that this Policy be provided to you in an alternative format
MAKING A REQUEST
To request the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you in the prior 12 months, please call 1-919-987-3133 between 8am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday, or email us at email@example.com. We will provide the requested information free of charge up to two (2) times in a 12-month period, but please note that where we receive unfounded, excessive, or repetitive requests, we may elect to decline the request. We will not retain information we do not ordinarily retain in the course of our regular business practices.
You have the right to use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf when you sign the authorization in a way that complies with the ESIGN Act. To act on your request, the authorized agent must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf. We may otherwise deny your or your agent’s requests.
Please note that we will take steps to verify your identity in order to fulfill your request. Your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information. We will first verify your email address is active and we will take steps to verify the information you provide to us. If you have an account with us, please have your account information available when you call or email to facilitate verification. If we cannot verify your or your agent’s identity within 45 days, we may deny your request.
When you request access to the Personal Information we have collected or deletion of your Personal Information, we will typically provide the requested information within 45 days, and we will notify you within that time period if we need additional time to process your request. When you opt-out from the sale of your Personal Information, we will honor your request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 30 days from the date we receive your request.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THE SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The CCPA requires businesses to disclose whether they sell Personal Information. As a business covered by the CCPA, we do not sell Personal Information. Instead, we may share Personal Information with third parties or allow them to collect Personal Information from our Sites if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such Personal Information, or if you interact with these third-parties through the Sites or direct us to disclose your Personal Information to third parties. Should we wish to sell your personal information in the future, we will seek your affirmative authorization. Accordingly, at present, we are not accepting or acting upon any such affirmative authorization.
RIGHT TO NON-DISCRIMINATION FOR THE EXERCISE OF A CONSUMER’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
California consumers have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on 3balls.com. To make an Erasure Law request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Erasure Law (under age 18) in the subject line, and include your full name, e-mail address, and postal address in your message. We will respond within 30 days or as otherwise required by law.
CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT LAW
If you are a California resident, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at the designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, and
- If the nature of a third party's business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party's name, examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. Our designated email address for such requests is email@example.com. You may also call us at 1-919-987-3133 between 8am and 5pm EST, Monday through Friday.
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN DATA SUBJECTS
If you are using the Sites and are located in the European Economic Area, we may collect your "Personal Data" (as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR")), which is governed by the additional terms contained in this Section. This Section does not apply to you if you are located outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA").
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
PURPOSES FOR WHICH PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED
We collect and process your Personal Data for the purposes and on the legitimate legal bases identified in the following:
- Handling Contact and User Support Requests: If you contact us via a phone call or email or online chat session, we process your Personal Data to perform our contract with you and to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing Contests or Promotions: If you register for a contest or promotion, we process your Personal Data to perform our contract with you. Some contests or promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will process your Personal Data;
- Managing Payments: If you have provided financial information to us, we process your Personal Data to verify that information and to collect payments to the extent that doing so is necessary to complete a transaction;
- Developing and Improving our Sites and Services: We process your Personal Data to analyze trends and to track your usage of and interactions with our Sites to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving our Sites and providing our users with more relevant content and service offerings;
- Reviewing Compliance with Applicable Usage Terms: We process your Personal Data to review compliance with the applicable usage terms in our customer’s contract to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure adherence to the relevant terms;
- Assessing Capacity Requirements: We process your Personal Data to assess the capacity requirements of our Sites the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that we are meeting the necessary capacity requirements of our service offerings;
- Identifying Customer Opportunities: We process your Personal Data to assess new potential customer opportunities to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that we are meeting the demands of our customers;
- Displaying Personalized Advertisements and Content: We process your Personal Data in order to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide you with personalized information about us, and to provide other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in advertising our Sites or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent;
- Sending Marketing Communications: We will process your Personal Data to send you marketing information, product recommendations, and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters or push notifications) about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our products, promotions or events as necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent; and
- Complying with Legal Obligations: We process your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts, or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights or is necessary to protect against misuse or abuse of our Sites, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes, respond to lawful requests, or for auditing purposes.
If we need to collect and process Personal Data by law, or under a contract we have entered into with you, and you fail to provide the required Personal Data when requested, we may not be able to perform our contract with you.
We will store your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary for the performance of our obligations or to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected, or as may be permitted under applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period we will remove Personal Data from our systems and records or take appropriate steps to properly anonymize it.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to, and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates and third-parties that are based in other countries. If we transfer Personal Data to countries outside of the European Union, we will ensure that we transfer the information to parties that provide adequate safeguards for your Personal Data. This may include parties that have self-certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, implemented binding corporate rules, or adopted standard model clauses approved by the European Commission. We share your Personal Data only with third parties that follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Policy.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA CHOICES
You have certain choices regarding the treatment of your Personal Data. Depending on the applicable laws these rights may include the right to:
- Access your Personal Data held by us;
- Know more about how we processed your Personal Data;
- Rectify inaccurate Personal Data and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Data, ensure it is complete;
- Erase or delete your Personal Data;
- Restrict our processing of your Personal Data;
- Transfer your Personal Data to another controller, to the extent possible;
- Object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests. Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- Opt-out of certain disclosures of your Personal Data to third parties;
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects ("Automated Decision-Making"). Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our Sites; and
- Withdraw your consent at any time (to the extent we base processing on consent), without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Before we are able to provide, delete, or change any of your information, or otherwise respond to your request to exercise your rights, we may ask that you verify your identity. We may also ask for more details to help us respond to your request. We encourage you to promptly update your personal data if it changes.
To exercise any of your rights as an EU data subject, you can contact us at 1-919-987-3133 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy matters. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, and you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
To contact us with questions about this policy or other inquiries send us an email at email@example.com.
Still Need Help? You may contact us at any of the following:
PO Box 90083
Raleigh, NC 27675